But, I have have a few times the past week or so when I was able to focus that sporadic energy into something crafty.
I found some little crafty card things at Big Lots (of all places.. I know.. but sometimes they have cool things). I made these cards out of the little bling things that I found as well as these cool chipboard letters that I used on these cards:
Also, I finally got around to trying this melted crayon art stuff that I wanted to try for so long! This is the only completed one that I have so far: (well.. mostly completed)
I've been doing a whole lot of cooking lately too. I think maybe that is where my craftiness has been channeling through. Last week I made a few interesting menus:
- Radish and bulgar wheat salad; steak; apple stuffed buttercup squash
- Baked fish with brushetta topping; corn on the cob; baked jalapeno poppers with a homemade greek yogurt ranch dipping sauce
- Baked chicken; home made tatziki sauce; home made hummus; tabbouleh
Ok.. that's all I can remember, but they were all pretty tasty meals.
Next week the family is trekking up to Pennsylvania for my little sister's wedding. 9.5 hours plus stops. Hah.. Long trip. I have to find something to occupy me in the car. I think the sock monkeys will be taking a trip with me as well to get them finally completed. 2 are complete; 7 are assembled, but need eyes and a mouth; 3 still need to be assembled. Its close though. I think that I can finish all that in 9+ hours.. ok.. well I guess it would be more like 6+ hours because I'll be driving for part of that time too. BUT! They will get completed.
Oh.. and I repurposed a large shirt into this:
![]() |
| Shoulder strap with eyelets! I love how this looks! |
![]() |
| Owl midriff |
![]() |
| What the shirt looks like as a whole |
Anywho. Happy crafting all! And happy Friday!






I finally have you added to my google reader!!! Yay blogs. :)
ReplyDelete