Saturday, May 31, 2014

Free Stuff

So.. Sometimes I like to explore the internet for free stuff. There are some sites that I frequent (sweetfreestuff.com for example). I stumbled upon a site called listia.com. It's weird. You get credits for signing up and taking tutorials and stuff. Sometimes even just for logging in. So I explored. It's auctions. For all sorts of things. Some neat, some stupid, some not even worth the free credits you bid. You can even pay for more credits (which of course I am not going to do because "free" is the goal here).

So I have been staying in the "craft" area and also "free shipping" (broken record: FREE). I have probably lost more than I've won, BUT I have now won three auctions: buckles, tree charms, and butterfly beads. 

I also wanted to test the waters and posted a few things for auctioning and free shipping since I was just putting it in regular envelopes to sell. And you know what? It went well! I posted two pairs of earrings and a simple bracelet, and they all were auctioned pretty well.




I mailed them out in simple home made cards and included a thank you for bidding on the item and a business card.  I also asked them to visit my Etsy page (etsy.com/shop/j9craftsnsuch).  I had one bidder for the bracelet who was outbid for the item.  She then requested another posted so that she could get it. I don't have another one made at the moment, so I need to work on that.

With the impending summer, I want to start getting back into my craftiness. My mind has been so preoccupied and in other places that the motivation for craftiness has been fleeting.  It's time to dig deep and find it somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment