Today.. I had free time after I ate dinner. Wow. Who'da thunk? Getting to the end of things at school... working on the end of year program. Last year we did a fish song and I knitted all the kids headbands with top fins on them (hilarious and awesome). This year we are doing a barn themed thing. I was toying with ideas in my head about making sewn headbands for the kids to wear that were for their particular animals... then I thought again... Its so much work. And as much as I love a tedious task, it also requires buying fabric. And a rooster head would be SO complicated! I don't know. Thoughts? Would it be worth it? I love the kids, but .. I don't know. So while these thoughts (among others) were streaming through my noggin, I decided to make an end of year gift for my secret pal at work. I don't really care to buy anything else. So, I decided that cards might be the way to go. I made 4 of them. All different from each other and all reflecting some of her style... I think. Not that I really know style. I know MY style. Real people style? Meh. No clue really.
Anywho... This is what was created in my 2 hours of work:
Card #1 was inspired by a Stampin' up class I went to on my trip out to California.
Card # 2 was inspired by views of things on Pinterest. Also, I want to note that I love when I can buy cheap packs of color coordinated papers! Many on this page were from one of those that I got for $1! *what what*
Card #3.. also a little inspiration from pinterest, but also.. enjoying my distressed ink. Its a recent discovery and purchase.. but duuuuuuuuude.. so cool.
And last but not least, Card #4. Not really inspired by much other than my need to stick brads through ribbon to see what will happen. I really like the effect on the yellow ribbon. The blue ribbon flower made me want to throw it a little bit... BUT... I eventually finished it.
It kept me busy.. gave me a little release of stress.. I say, all in all, a good use of my Tuesday night. Three more days til the weekend! What craftiness can I get into tomorrow...
Adios Amigos.




No comments:
Post a Comment