Wednesday, July 4, 2012

For Lisa


Yesterday I found out that one of my good friends from high school passed away. She lost her battle with cancer, that she had been fighting since January. I don't think that I let it really set in until today, and felt that I needed to post about her.

We met when I was a Freshman in high school and she was a Junior.  She adopted me into her circle of friends and made me feel welcomed and accepted for being the oddball that I was.  I learned of her love of Beck and crafty things and horror and we shared many fun times together. I spent so many days with her during high school, and met so many wonderful people through her.

We lost touch after high school, as many people do.  I wish now that I hadn't.  My sister is getting married 4 states away on Saturday, so I cannot even make it to her service.  I decided that all I really could do was make a card for her family.  I'd like to think that Lisa would have appreciated it.



I will miss you Lisa.  Life is too short and I wish we had been more in touch over the years. Love you friend. I hope you are in a better place.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jeanine, for such a sweet post. Sorry you can't attend, but we know you'll be thinking of her. Lisa talked about you often over these last few years.

    ReplyDelete